[nflug] Cicso vpn client

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 16:11:11 EST 2007

I have used Cisco VPN stuff for quite a while.  They only provide the CLI interface.  In general, you would get the profile from whoever runs the VPN concentrator and then you copy it into the cisco profiles directory.  The only commands to know are:
vpnclient connect somename
vpnclient disconnect

Those are easily scriptable and you could make desktop icons out of them quite easily.  It's somewhat more complicated if the profile requires that you enter a password but you could easily make an icon that runs 'vpnclient connect' in a terminal window that you can minimize.  I imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult, with the talent on this list, for someone to come up with a simple GUI that reads the profile folder for profiles, starts the VPN client with the right password and closes the connection when done...

Anybody up to the challenge?

Cheers!

Bob