[nflug] Ubuntu on old iMac

Jason O'Bara obarajt at verizon.net
Sun Jan 7 00:03:32 EST 2007

I picked up an old iMac from geeks.com. I want to either dual boot with
the Mac OS 9.2 on it and Ubuntu, or just wipe it and run Ubuntu. The
specs list a 700 MGhz processor, 256 Mb RAM, 60 Gb HDD and a CDRW drive,
so not too bad. For me a decent box to tinker with. However, I have
never even touched a Mac until three days ago and I cannot seem to find
decent info on how to even boot from a CD on this box, let alone
step-by-step instructions. I thought I could wing it, but it seems
harder then I thought. Does anyone have experience with a project like
this? Thanks!