[nflug] Seeking GPS / google maps running log web application

Mark T. Valites mark-nflug at valites.net
Wed Feb 21 17:48:04 EST 2007

Any runners out there?

I'm looking for a FOSS package to take the logs from my GPS watch and plot
them onto google maps. I'd like it to create xml feeds as well so I can
integrate it cleanly into my wordpress site and just use the gpx files as
my running log.

The closest thing I found was:

http://dave.runningland.com/grunninglogs/

http://dave.runningland.com/map/

I put up a first stab at it at:

http://www.valites.net/gmaps/running/

While it's close to what I want and probably easy to polish up, I found it
a little klunky to use & 9/10s of the routes it did find don't map. On top
of that it missed a large percentage of runs stored on the watch & didn't
accurately display the right color for my pace for the one it did. I can
probably fix these issues, but would like to see what else is out there.

I'd also like something that will plot elevation alongside the map.

Does anyone know of another pieces of software that might fit my needs
offhand?