[nflug] Ubuntu edgy mplayer plugins

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Feb 16 22:16:46 EST 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> Anyone have a good step by step tutorial that installs
> all the codecs wmv etc to play with Mplayer plugin? It
> seems everytime I setup new ubuntu pc I have to fight
> every time to get mplayer to play cnn page codecs etc.
> I dont do  many installs and probably should have
> documented what I did to get the last system setup and
> working but after following the hundreds of ways to
> install the plugin the Ubuntu way using Automatix it
> just seems to never work right. Cnn never plays or it
> sits and hangs saying connecting. Any good help in not
> wasting my time would be great!
>
> Sent Using Ubuntu Linux Operating System Edgy 6.10

Automatix just plain works for me. It would depend greatly on who's
online media your trying to play too. Yahoo is notorious for always
screwing theirs up. Try different sites. I like the streaming media that
can be found at http://quicktime.apple.com , under the movie trailers,
the quality is absolutely awesome, like freakin dvd.