[nflug] FC7 Test 1

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:50:24 EST 2007

Hi,

    Funny to see this thread, I was just reading about Fedora 7 last
night! Seems they are combining the "core" packages with the "extras"
now into one main distro develpment channel. As such, they announced
the name change to Fedora 7 dropping the word "core" from the name. I
was also looking at some of the initial artwork. I think they are
shooting for a live cd as well.

http://fedoraproject.org/static-tmp/7

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=627&num=1

Couple quick links if anyone is interested.

Dave

On 2/7/07, Wolfe, Robert <robert_todd at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Good morning everyone.
>
> Well, downloaded and installed the FC7t1 VMWare appliance from ThoughtPolice and installed it on my laptop running VMWare Workstation under IWnXP Professional.  So far, I really like what I see in the upcoming FC 7 (really it is reporting version 6.90 but oh well).
>
> I only wish someone would update their distro (AuroraLinux) to reflect the updates made in at least FC6 so that those of us who are Sparc owners can also feel the coolness of Fedura :)  (AuroraLinux 2.0 is based on FC3 I believe).
>
> ~~ Rob

Debian Linux/FC6/Sometimes Ubuntu.