[nflug] RHEL 5.1/PostFix Refusing Remote Connections

Erek Dyskant erek at blumenthals.com
Wed Dec 26 15:21:09 EST 2007

Robert,
	Your ISP is probably filtering port 25 outside of their network, as
ISPs have had so many problems with open relays sucking up all their
bandwidth.  Sadly to run a mail server these days one generally needs to
have a dedicated server or a business-class connection these days.
	Call your ISP to ask what ports they filter, and see if there's any way
you can convince them you know what you're doing (if your ISP is
localnet you may be in luck <grin>)
	Best of luck.

--Erek