[nflug] Student Shadow Program is here!!

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Tue Dec 11 09:57:21 EST 2007

Dear IT Professional,

The Western New York technology-focused students are your future employees,
co-workers, vendors and business partners. We are confident that you
recognize the importance of supplementing their education with real-world
experiences.  We understand that you may be unable to provide the actual
internships that give students a real-world exposure.

We therefore request that you consider allowing a technical student or two
from one of the WNY colleges who are members of infoTech Niagara to “shadow”
you or a member of your IT staff during the winter intersession,
specifically: January 10 or 11.

Last year, 47 shadowing experiences were set up at such companies as …

Citigroup

CompSys Technologies, Inc.

eXubrio Group

GEMKO Information Group, Inc.

Harlequin Distribution Center

HSBC Bank USA - Systems

KPMG LLP

M&T Bank

Shatter I.T. Global Services

Synacor

The Albright-Knox Art Gallery

The Campos Group

The PCA Group, Inc.

VertaSource, LLC

Benefits to the Company:

Ÿ    A more educated future talent pool

Ÿ    Awareness of your company (which can directly lead to an increase in
candidates for future openings)

Ÿ    Ability to meet a company’s mission to contribute to the benefit of
society and take an active role in improving our community

Benefits to the Professional:

Ÿ    The best way to improve your own abilities if to teach them to someone
else.

Ÿ    Obtain objective views and new ideas to solve problems

Ÿ    Personal satisfaction of making a difference in a student’s
professional development

Benefits to the Student:

Ÿ    Understanding of how their coursework connects to real IT solutions in
industry

Ÿ    View of professional expectations in our business culture

Ÿ    Opportunity to impress a potential future interviewer

To agree to be a shadowing site, please visit the Shadowing Program link at
<http://www.infotechniagara.org/> www.infotechniagara.org.

Thank you and we look forward to working with you to provide our students
the supplemental education necessary to become competitive in today's
market.

Sincerely,

infoTech Niagara Student Committee

Melissa Ruggiero