[nflug] Recommendations - HTML / PHP IDE

Michael Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Mon Aug 20 13:58:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

	For anyone that does HTML and PHP development: Have you found a decent,
*stable* IDE?  I transitioned to linux at one job a few years ago and
used Quanta++ (in gnome) under FC4 with little issue.

	However, we installed two new desktops here with Ubuntu and I'll be
damned, Quanta now crashes a dozen times a day (occasionally within
minutes of a previous crash).

	Are there any other freeware IDEs available? Or is my only option
shelling out for Zend?

	We mostly hand-code, so WYSIWYG preview isn't necessary.

	Thanks!

--
Michael Richardson
Web Programmer, ePharmacotherapy Networks