[nflug] (no subject)

Eric Freischlag ericf at monroe-electronics.com
Mon Aug 13 11:56:35 EDT 2007

Question for anyone, please.
I'm trying to load Ubuntu server
on a AMD K6 - 233Mhz, 128 M memory.
30 Gig hard drive
two ethernet cards (PCI)
pci video card

Set BIOS to start from CD
Unit starts CD, goes through the install,
then just sits there. Never gets to the command line.
Tried to restart - got choice of 'what system to start'
picked U server - still just sits there.  Looks
like its accessing the hard drive regularly, but still never
(1 hour) gets to command line or anything else  -  black screen.

Find once I get Ubuntu on, can't even load anything else from
the CD.

Anyone know if this is a problem with Ubuntu in general, or
maybe not enough horsepower.  I was just trying to make a
simple file server for my home.

Thanks
Eric