[nflug] Slax

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 22:57:57 EDT 2007

i can't speak for SLAX personally,  but any system that has LVM support should be able to handle it..

eric at bootz.us wrote: Hi, I'm using a Slax live cd I must have got from one of the meetings,
and I am trying to mount an entire LVM ext3 six scsi drives to save my
stuff, but I really dont now how to do this, I know how to mount a
single drive, but not all of them at once to create the LVM

I thought one of my SCSI drives died ~gasp~ but I had a backup machine
and put the scsi drive in the backup machine, and all the scsi drives
worked great (it was my scsi board that malfunctioned)... however in
my very poor attempts to try and ~ recover my data off the "so called"
bad scsi drive I made some serious boo boos, rendering my terminal
useless or gone, my gnome starts great ...I have a gui interface but
with no cli and I need cli to run dhclient so I can get a eth0 running
and then send my data to a safer place.

So, back to my question can I mount 6 scsi configured using LVM/ext3
drives under slax live cd?

Thank you very much for your input and help, thank you

-- David J. Andruczyk