[nflug] Ubuntu on AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

Robert Stockdale IV bobstockdale at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:41:20 EDT 2007

Found out the problem. Wasn't a problem after all. Mainboard supports
frequency scaling. It was automatically scaling back to 1GHz to save power.
Put a frequency monitor on the panel and opened OpenOffice.org spread sheet.
Watched it jump to 2.4 GHz quite quickly and then it scaled back to 1GHz.
Kinda of nice.  I installed Beryl and it seemed to get X up to speed. Must
have been something Beryl requires that X had not been utilizing. Thanks for
your input. Made me think of things I hadn't before.
Bob