[nflug] VOIP

Robert Wolfe robert_todd at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 24 12:12:28 EDT 2006

Bootz wrote:
> I'm trying to get rid of verizon hopefully going with roadrunner.  I
> want to completly get rid of my phone bill and have VOIP, can I set up
> my own VOIP server for just my friends and family to call me...?

See, I am doing just the opposite -- leaving RR and going with Verizon
(cable bills are outrageous) even though their technical support sucks
("Oh, you're running Linux, sorry, we can't offer you service because
your operating system won't work with DSL.")

If you want VoIP, just get Vonage :)  I've had the "Big V" for a little
more than a year now and am quite happy with it.