[nflug] date of files wrong

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Oct 27 08:56:56 EDT 2006

Can anyone enlighten me on a peculiar problem. I've noticed this before
and just never really looked into this. The problem I'm having is, when
I tar or dump a file, the date showing from ls is not showing the date
that I created the file, it's off by like 3 days. I did a man on ls and
couldn't find anything except different ways to show the date already on
the file. I checked with all relevant times on boxes and the time is
always correct, I usually setup ntp on my boxes. Anyone have a clue as
to why this might be? TIA