[nflug] woohoo flash 9 for Linux

eric eric at bootz.us
Thu Oct 19 10:29:39 EDT 2006

Yes. Our biology teacher uses a site that shows cell animation using
shockwave, a minor glitch.

>>> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html
>>>

> I really haven't paid that much attention to the shockwave issue on
> Linux as I don't hear complaints about it much anymore. I used to hear
> it all the time because clients kids trying to access stuff like
> cartoonnetwork.com were all over shockwave. I would like to think that
> the reason I don't hear much about it is because sites are shying away
> from it as flashplayer gets more and more robust, but that's probably
> wishful thinking. I also have gotten confused in the past as to what
> was shockwave and what was flashplayer, for instance, here is the
> output of about:plugins in my firefox after installing the latest
> flash9 plugin;
> Shockwave Flash
>
>    File name: libflashplayer.so
>    Shockwave Flash 9.0 d55
>
> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
> application/x-shockwave-flash     Shockwave Flash     swf     Yes
> application/futuresplash     FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes

poets, priests and politicians have words to thank for their positions, words that scream for your submission, but no ones jamming their transmission... ~sting