[nflug] Hans Reiser Arrested On Suspicion of Murder

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 09:06:53 EDT 2006

Freaky!  I was reading the article going, "Why does the name sound so familiar?"  DUH!

Wonder how "political" this will become.  Is Namesys publicly traded?  Is it Incorporated - will DARPA have to backpedal.  MANY good products came from not so good people.  People are strange, Filesystems, not so much.

Hope in the end the community keeps it together.  In fact Namesys.com is one of the better educational sites I've seen if you want to understand what a filesystem is doing...

Can you be a genius without being a  bit wacky?  Where do Computer Geeks get a killer instinct from? (Yes these are rhetorical questions)

Not to make light of this but I truly expect MS to claim that Linux (OpenSource software) causes murder!

JJN