[nflug] claris works 4.0 to openoffice conversion tool

eric eric at bootz.us
Fri Nov 17 10:43:09 EST 2006

I suppose I can do the below to rtf, but sure would like to have this
happen to mulitple file at once, I thought using DDE would allow this to
happen, but not sure, and I don't know DDE commands for OS 8.1 or is it
DDE commands for ClarisWorks:

      Converting ClarisWorks Word Processing Documents to Word

1. 	On the File menu in ClarisWorks 3.x or 4.0, click Save As, and then
select one of the following format options:

• 	Microsoft Word
• 	Microsoft WinWord
• 	Microsoft Word 3.0
• 	Microsoft Word 4.0
• 	Microsoft Word PC
• 	RTF

For best results, select the option that most closely matches your
version of Microsoft Word. "Microsoft Word," "Microsoft Word 3.0," and
"Microsoft Word 4.0," above represent Word 5.x, 4.x, and 3.x for the
Macintosh, respectively. Word 6.0 for the Macintosh and other versions
of Word can open any of the file formats referenced above.
2. 	Click Save to convert the file.
3. 	On the File menu, click Close.
4. 	Open Word and on the File menu, click Open and open the converted
document.

I've reaized that this is no longer Linux related where it was in the
begining, so I'll end my thread here unless someone has an idea for me
otherwise.

Thanks again,
Eric