[nflug] #*!%@ intel crap!!!! SOLVED **** NOT

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Nov 14 14:47:53 EST 2006

Cyber Source wrote:

>> Boice wrote:

>>> Congratulations!
>>> I know my own frustrations with odd problems at times, and am glad this
>>> [finally] is one that you can put in the "win" column.
>>>
>>> Please accept this virtual bottle of champagne to celebrate your victory.
>>> [pop!]
>>>

>>> --John
>>>

>> Nothin sweeter than finally figuring out some pain in the ass
>> problem....Gotta love it.
>>

> Well I can put the champagne away. Adding acpi=ht disables all acpi
> functions except hyper threading, including stuff like battery
> monitoring, etc., which on a laptop is pretty useful. So, I am stuck
> between working battery or working sound, WTF!!!! I tie this all down to
> the POS phoenix BIOS on this thing, IF you can call it a BIOS, it is SO
> simplistic it's not funny. I did see in the interrupts that the hda
> intel device is the only device listed as PCI-MSI and not IO-APIC like
> everything else. If anyone knows of some easy tricks for apic or apci
> for the kernel boot options, please let me know (no way I'm attempting a
> kernel recompile, as seems that most googleage suggests). Some magic
> command line that would make the sound and battery work in this thing
> would be wonderful.

Well since I really don't expect a quick fix on this, I just made 2 boot
entries in grub, one to boot into if there going to be plugged in and
they'll have sound and the other to boot into if there going to be on
battery and need the notifications and such and they won't have sound.
Just another #@$! bullshit thing to have for Linux and have them say,
gee it all works well in windows....