[nflug] #*!%@ intel crap!!!! SOLVED

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 12:57:07 EST 2006

whats does ht actually do?

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
  Sam Stern wrote:

-----Original Message-----From:
nflug-bounces at nflug.org
[mailto:nflug-bounces at nflug.org] On Behalf Of Cyber
SourceSent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 08:23 PMTo:
nflug at nflug.orgSubject: Re: [nflug] #*!%@ intel
crap!!!!Cyber Source wrote:

I freakin HATE intel chipsets!!!!!!!!!!!!I have a
laptop that uses the POS snd_hda_intel module and

all appears

well, no errors anywhere but absolutely NO SOUND! A
search

all over the

internet reveals MANY MANY instances of this crap with
this

POS intel

module. Of which I have recompiled Alsa drivers, did
all

the suggestions

I could find and no change at all. Intel should stick
with
cpus!_______________________________________________nflug
mailing
listnflug at nflug.orghttp://www.nflug.org/mailman/listinfo/nflug

and yes I checked all the volume levels repeatedly__

I have never gotten Alsa to work well with  Intel
sound chips. Take a lookthe newest OSS modules which
VERY well with Alsa:http://www.opensound.com/I love
their product, it just works most of the time. When it
does not, it'susually a simple fix to the sample
rate.Sam
S._______________________________________________nflug
mailing
listnflug at nflug.orghttp://www.nflug.org/mailman/listinfo/nflug

Wow, after much much goolgeage.....The little trick
seems to be acpi=htas a kernel boot argument. What a
pain-in-the-***!!!!!!!
At least it has sound now, nothing worse than taking
someones smokintoshiba laptop with 17" wide screen,
2GB ram, etc., and saying, ohevery thing works good,
wireless, etc., but no sound..
Freakin intel #%*!