[nflug] Modem gurus?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Nov 9 00:15:41 EST 2006

I would like to get my soft modem working with Dapper (ubuntu).  I've
read a bunch of documents and, as usual, I'm thoroughly confused.

I ran the modem test script, and among other things, it told me I need
the sl-modem package.
I tried to install that but it won't go because it wants sl-modem-common
or something like that and can't find a version for my 2.6.15 kernel.

Anybody had success with this package or ubuntu modems in general?

What are the kernel header files called?  I probably have to install
them if I want to compile the package myself.

Joe