[nflug] suse10.1 yast2 database recovery?

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 8 21:03:20 EST 2006

Darin Perusich wrote:
> you need to rebuild you rpm database, run "rpmdb --rebuild" and
> hopefully you get lucky.

Thanks Darin. "rpmdb --rebuilddb" worked very nicely to get yast2 to
stop complaining. It's still giving me other problems, but not THAT one
anymore.

e17 is still proving to be a challenge, but I did get MOST of the parts
of it installed by clicking around in konqueror. I guess since it
installed  so easily on the system I just wiped out that I now have to
figure out how to get things going the hard way. I hope. Or I just have
to give up my attachment to suse, particularly after that whole recent
M$ business. Spooky, indeed.

Anyway, I am always grateful to learn new, useful commands, particularly
ones that might help me fix things I've just screwed up. I seem to be
really good at that.

Thanks again,
S.