[nflug] winbook

Bootz eric at bootz.us
Sun Nov 5 10:14:08 EST 2006

I found the broken LCD hooked it ack up and coaxed it to stay up just long enough for me to change two settings in the bios >> CRT >> CDROM

then booted knoppix from cd which took a while ...went for some coffee, talked a while. Knoppix let me boot to a TWM window, which is fine because all I want to install is CLI on the hard drive.

If you need my LCD you can borrow it to get your bios working, just let me know.

For Winbook XL, [fn] (blue) F2 toggles between LCD and CRT - I know
because I just dropped mine a few inches and that did in the LCD.
Before all this, Knoppix 3.something live CD booted fine on it, but did
not recognize the mouse or modem.  Since my screen is also dead, I can't
do any BIOS stuff to help you there.  The toggle works near the
beginning of the boot up sequence (into Windoze 98).   If you do get any
Linux running on it, let us know.

Joe