[nflug] CIDR

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Thu May 25 07:16:08 EDT 2006

breaking up an ip address block, usually Class C into smaller chunks.
ISP's generally will provide customers with a range of IP addresses so
they can run services and a number of machines, i.e http, smtp, dns,
etc. it doesn't make sense for a provider to give each customer a Class
C of public address space when they only need 2 IP's.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com