[nflug] USB and camera devices mounting

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 12:05:13 EDT 2006

I tend to stay logged in(gnome) and just have  locked desktop.  My wife works
in seperate desktop.

When she plugs in the digital camera via USB it mounts it as a drive and opens
the drive - she has no access though, since the drive is mounted jjneff:jjneff.

When I went back to my desktop session to investigate a piece of Gnome software
was waiting for my input after prompting me "DO you want to automaticaly
download photos to your album?"  So it looks like my locked desktop session got
priority even though she was the active user.

Is there a way that I can force USB devices to mount <user>:<group> so that all
usb devices mount with a specific group with RW perms?

Thanks

JJN