[nflug] Configuring VoIP with Router/modem

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Thu May 11 12:17:39 EDT 2006

Thus spake Cyber Source on Thu, 11 May 2006

> I would leave things as they are. Adding devices to your network should not
> affect anything with your voip.

I think he means: "If I'm downloading something AND someone calls, I want
the call to receive most of the bandwidth." Which is understandable. I'd
like this also because sometimes I have to stop a download or my
file-sharing program or a VNC connection because the audio quality of my
phone can be terrible. The connection-speed of everything else can suffer
if I have to use the phone.

-Josh