[nflug] Configuring VoIP with Router/modem

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed May 10 22:39:59 EDT 2006

I have a Westell 327W DSL modem/router and a Sunrocket (Innomedia
MTA6328-2Re) VoIP box.  My DSL is 860/156 nominal.  Right now, I have
only 1 PC connected by ethernet, but later, I may have one or more
additional ones either ethernet or wireless.

Since my bandwidth is relatively low, I would like to tell the Westell
to give top priority to the VoIP (currently on Port 2) and lower
priority to everything else (now, just the PC on Port 1).  Is there a
way to do that?  The router has a lot of options, but I don't understand
most of them.  What should I look for?

Sunrocket just says to connect the VoIP between the modem and the PC.
That will work fine, for one PC, but not if I add anything to the network.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Joe