[nflug] Live CD help

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Mar 31 08:53:57 EST 2006

Sam Stern wrote:
> [...]
Totally cool.  When I get my DSL working, I'll be able to download it.
I used F2 & F3 and came up with
dsl vga=normal 2
That works great.
BTW, my first attempt bombed (after a bunch of hours) when the backup
file exceeded 2GB on the FAT32 partition.
Since I seem to remember something about that being a design limitation
(and because I didn't have time to figure out how to split the file on
the fly), I redid the usb drive as one big ext3 partition and started it
up again.  It's still running after about 7 hours - very old, very slow,
usb 1.1 notebook.  But, if it's running this long, there's a good chance
it will successfully complete.

Do you know how to apply split or some other filter that would allow me
to use a FAT32 partition in the future?  I'm somewhat competent in bash,
so if you tell me how to do it, I can figure out the rest.

Thanks.

Joe