[nflug] Live CD help

Jonathan Skulski jskulski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 13:17:40 EST 2006

I would try a newer knoppix. 3.3 is pretty old and 4.0 likely has more
robust support. I would think that DSL has speed/size in mind, and might
trade off hardware support for it.

As for your tar command, look at the -p and -s switches to see if you need
them. -p does permissions, -s has something to do with file order. You could
always just do a dd if=/dev/hda1 of=d.drive.backup and tar that up, i think.

jsk