[nflug] Multiple Monitors

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Wed Mar 29 18:48:32 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 05:53:06PM -0500, joshj at linuxmail.org wrote:
> With MergedFB I do but the resolutions have to be the same.

Actually, they don't have to be exactly the same but there is a hitch - the overall display has to be rectangular. I'm currently running with MergedFB on a laptop connected to an external LCD display.

- The laptop's built in display has a native resolution of 1024x768
- The external LCD is 1280x1024.

To get it to be rectangular, I made the virtual desktop on the laptop's built in display taller than it actually is, so it scrolls down when you move the mouse downwards.

The overall display is 2304x1024. You can see my xorg.conf here:

http://people.redhat.com/dwa/xorg.conf

(Note as it's a laptop I obviously haven't tried to pin a third display on here. I'm also running Fedora Core 5)

--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us