[nflug] ssh/cygwin/remote X question

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 9 01:22:03 EST 2006

Cyber Source wrote:
> All that means is that the IP address has changed from before. Just
> remove the offending .ssh folder and try again.

Thanks. I ditched the known hosts file and it now works like a charm,
and I have my mailbox back. At least while running nix here - I'm still
unsure about the XP side of things.

This part, however, has me confused:

 > If you're moving X over ssh you should use the tunnel that is setup by
 > ssh's X forwarding.  That'll probably mean setting the display on the
 > machine running the X clients to localhost:10.

which came after the XP difficulty explanation, so I have to change a
setting in windows? Presumably an xhost sort of thing?

and this part:

In case you don't know, to pass X over the newer ssh, you need to give
it the -X option.

Actually, I knew nothing at all about that, so thanks, but surely not
for fc3 ssh right? I didn't use -X just now and it's working.
In windows?
In cygwin?

Thanks,
S.