[nflug] MythTV issues

Mark T. Valites mark-nflug at valites.net
Wed Mar 8 21:48:19 EST 2006

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Joshua Ronne Altemoos wrote:

> I can play ppracer, but I can not watch TV in xawtv. I sent the lspci and
> my /etc/modules eariler.

The firsst result in a google/linux search for "EVGA geforce4 MX 440
phillips" turns up:

http://rivatv.sourceforge.net/status.html

Your modules.conf doesn't list the rivatv module - this is most likely
what you need. I'm not sure if it's part of ubuntu (it's not found by apt
in Debian here).

Having tuxracer or any other opengl app working well doesn't really have
anything to do with the tuner. You'll want to get the tuner working first
with xawtv before throwing mythtv into the mix.