[nflug] Lotus notes for Linux

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Wed Jun 21 11:41:48 EDT 2006

When we last left our adventurers...

> they don't have a native linux client but there should be docs on how to run
> it via WINE from IBM.

"Should" being the keyword here. I tried to get it working months ago.
Some searching revealed that only a select few ever got it to run with
WINE. I tried though. After some tinkering around I could get it to
install ok, but it always crashed on startup and I never got passed that.
I don't want to be a Negative Nancy here, but don't plan on getting it to
work with Linux... Wait, I take that back. I just found this:

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=2271&iTestingId=2472

and it also looks like IBM is actually addressing the issue to some
extent:

http://www.edbrill.com/ebrill/edbrill.nsf/dx/searchdomino-lotus-notes-plug-in-for-linux-heads-up-busy-day-for-ibm-at-linuxworld?opendocument&comments

Maybe I'll give it another go for the helluvit.

-Josh