[nflug] Mame Distribution

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Fri Jun 9 10:23:00 EDT 2006

Mark Musone wrote:
> Release notes good. (although you'd think they'd have it right up there nice
> and big when you go to choose what version..but whatever)

When you go to download it says it pretty much the first thing:

"Downloading Ubuntu

      Ubuntu is easy to download. You can download a CD image and burn
it yourself using a CD writer. You can download the ISO file directly,
or join the Torrent by downloading the equivalent .torrent file from the
download site of your choice. The download of a single ISO CD image is
around 700MB.

Ubuntu 6.06

The following download sites are available; please choose the one
closest to you. A site in the same country is usually best, if one is
available. For space requirements and other information, *please see the
Release Notes" <https://www.ubuntu.com/download/releasenotes/606>
*
and they are also right on the right-hand side of the page.
http://www.ubuntu.com/download
> I read those dpkg-reconfigure. It's not "uhh..what does dpkg-reconfigure do"
> that's the easy part, it's what does it do and what files are looked at for
> the reconfiguration. i.e. when you do a dpkg-reconfigure for the kernel,
> exactly what is done and what files are looked at. Whats the point of having
> an easy way to reconfigure something when you don't know how to specify the
> configuration.

dpkg-reconfigure is just going to do the same reconfigurations the
package does when installed. For install dpkg-reconfigure
linux-image-`uname -r` will create a new initrd image.
> Removing usplash doesn't make nvidiafb load up. I'm not saying this to be
> challenging, but more because I'm seriously interested in the "right" way to
> do it. So if anybody can go ahead and try and make it so that nvidiafb gets
> loaded upon bootup, and not vesafb I'd be very interested.
>
> -Mark
Why can't you just add nvidiafb to /etc/modules?

--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source