[nflug] Mame Distribution

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Jun 9 07:26:03 EDT 2006

Mark Musone wrote:
> Anybody want a couple of free ubuntu CD's??? the ones i have, i'm about to throw out the dang window!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Arghh!!! STOOPID STOOPID UBUNTU!! I GIVE UP!!!
>
> ok, i guess i'll go down my list of distributions. I think mandrake is next
>
> Mark
>

> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 04:39:27PM -0400, Jesse Jarzynka wrote:
>
>> Mark Musone wrote:
>>
>>> ...And I don't need to be downloading anything additional from the net??
>>> I'm
>>> cautious because this is a non-networked machine, so I have no net access.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>> Depends what you're doing. If you need to compile anything or need the
>> kernel headers you will definitely need the internet. Ubuntu really
>> doesn't work without broadband unless you just need a basic OS. They
>> have the mentality of installing minimal and letting people add what
>> they need later. I love it.
>> --
>> Jesse Jarzynka
>> Cyber Source
>> http;//www.jessejoe.com/
>> http://www.thecybersource.com/

Why don't you bring your hard drive over to our shop, we can dump our
current, fully tweaked Ubuntu Dapper release onto it and you can take it
back, pop it in and you'll be all set. This way you won't have to worry
about something missing without your internet connection etc., and or
your problem with the cd's (did you test these?) Wanting to go to a
different distro because you have a problem with the cd's wouldn't be
your wisest choice.