[nflug] Web cams - cheap and easy?

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 22:13:38 EDT 2006

I am looking to get a pair of webcams (preferably USB) for use with a Linux box
and a Windows laptop.  The requirements are for merely phone chat and the like
- no real high quality video required.  Inexpensive is important and
guarranteed to work under Linux is a must.  I'd prefer to get them
Over-the-counter but online is OK as well.
Please offer suggestions with links and pros/cons if available.

Also does anyone have a good idea on the lowest price to get DVD-R DL (8.5GB)
media either in store or online?

THanks

JJN