[nflug] asterisk stuff

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 11:26:55 EDT 2006

And here's the newest twist - Asterisk at Jome is now
known as TrixBox (it's like a monty python skit!! "we
are now known as the knights of neek"). I don't think
you can use skype because of it's proprietary api. Not
sure what protocol they use. This is as close as you
can get and I'm not sure it's worth it.
http://www.macvoip.com/resources/voip_asterisk_skype.php
If you need clarification on the acronyms let me know
and i'll try to explain them as best I can.

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:

> First let me start out with my most common
> expression when starting to
> delve into asterisk.....WTF???!!!
>
> Ok, I'm really lost in acronym hell, zap, sip, etc.,
> but first question
> I would like to start with is, Does anyone know if
> it's possible to use
> my skype account for an outgoing trunk? (yes I have
> skype out) (trunk?
> kinda sounds like I know what the hell I'm talkin
> about..) I've dug
> around on skype's site and googled but haven't found
> anything relevant.
> Clues anyone?
>
> p.s. It would really help if the docs found at
> asterisk at home were
> descriptive of the lastest asterisk at home, just
> another curve added to
> the mix.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi