[nflug] Cups Print Server

bob javabob at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 27 00:18:21 EDT 2006

Thanks Sam. Still not working though. The printer is a Minolta 2300DL
that uses the foo2zjs printer driver. Apparently, it is a masked ebuild
under Gentoo so I had to follow the manual installation instructions
from the projects web site http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/ .  This is a
network printer and I've had it running from several different
workstations previously.  I was required to unmerge it from my wife's
computer in order to upgrade the software and try to enable the
Unichrome graphics driver. Unfortunately, my workstation is down with a
bad mainboard (I think it is any way). So I have no way to see a working
copy of the setup . The server is running Cups version  1.1.23-r8 on
Gentoo running a 2.6.16-gentoo-r6 kernel. I just need eth0 to show up in
the drop down device list to continue configuring this.
Thanks again.
Bob