[nflug] Cups Print Server

bob javabob at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 26 16:52:17 EDT 2006

I'm trying to set up Cups on a central server and then use just the
client portion of Cups at the different workstations. I have Cups
installed on a Gentoo server and can access the web configurator via
http://172.16.12.1:631 .    I start to add a printer.  After the first
screen I get the device screen which has an empty drop down box. This
makes it impossible to continue setting up the printer. Does any one
have a clue how to fix this.  I've been going through the cupsd.conf and
printers.conf files as well as re-emerging with different use flags with
no success.
Thanks Bob