[nflug] XEN

Richard Hubbard hubbardr at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 26 05:59:24 EDT 2006

XEN operates a little differently than vmware.  Essentially, XEN is the
initial os installed.  after that, everything is a virtual machine on
top of xen.  (as opposed to vmware/virtual pc, where you install your
os, and create vm's from there)
If the os is tuned to be xen aware, then for most apps, you don't notice
xen being slower than a normal pc.  IF the os is tuned.  The good news,
there are tuned versions of the linux, and even windows.  the bad news,
you need to make your machine be a fresh install of xen first, then your
vms.