[nflug] Disk Image/Restore

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Tue Jul 25 09:38:04 EDT 2006

Hi Frank,

I use Acronis TruImage routinely on Linux, BSD and Windows. Here is how I do
it:

1) Install Acronis on a Windows machine with a  cd burner
2) Burn an Acronis restore cd.
3) Boot the Linux system with the Acronis CD
4) Image or restore your system as needed.

If the core problem is that you need Windows to get the Acronis program
installed in the first place, I would recommend installing the free VMware
server and then use that to run Win98 to get Acronis installed and thus
access to the cd image.

HTH,

Sam S.