[nflug] Flash player 8 /Adobe

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Thu Jul 20 15:26:48 EDT 2006

When we last left our adventurers...

> I have run into few web sites that require Flash 8.
> You think Adobe will be putting one out? There are win
> versions and on their page they are working on Mac
> versions. I also heard they are skipping to 8.5 for
> Linux. Are there any alternatives to flash? I hate
> flash btw!

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Not that this helps you much. But if you hate flash as much as I do, then
this might be what you're looking for. Its supposedly flash 7 compliant.
It plays
a few things fine, some things have no sound, still more are a little
screwed up, and most don't play at all. I love it. I don't deal with flash
banners anymore.

-Josh