[nflug] Wiping hard drive sensitive personal data

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 12:09:16 EDT 2006

I agree with Pete on this one. There should be some
sort of comitee that truly certifys that these os's
meet hippa sarbanes oxley etc... compliances. Really
what you need for a comitte of lawyers that know IP
laws and have a real understanding of computer science
engineering .Not bunch of politicians that are making
IT industry decisions that dont know how to even turn
their pcs on but are getting pay offs from Brother
Bill in Redmond.
  If a doctor is using a windows pc that involves
surgery to place over 100 recording electrodes in a
patient, the PC-based systems use Microsoft Windows
[because all but one vendor of these systems use
Microsoft operating systems] and multimedia programs
to capture the patient's data. If, after a Microsoft
service pack is applied to overcome a security
weakness in their operating system, and the service
pack also secretly breaks the multimedia software
and/or revokes access to our patient's data, thus
damaging patient care, who is responsible?