[nflug] Wiping hard drive sensitive personal data

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com
Thu Jul 20 09:50:45 EDT 2006

It all depends on how many times you rewrite each sector. The more times
the harder to recover but the more wear you put on the disk. There are a
whole bunch of DOD, NSA, ect standards. If you use a program, they
usually tell you or let you choose what standard to use. I used a free
utility called 'eraser' once. It let you choose the standard and how
many times to rewrite the sectors, from what I remember I think I wound
up doing like 6 rewrites per sector.

Justin