[nflug] it's that time of month again

ron browning ron_browning14223 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 12:50:09 EDT 2006

This was done and there was still a falling attendance.  Rich has a projector there, wide band. room full of computers, white boards, etc.  Great meeting place.  I think the group is vary diverse -- I 30+ years designing and programming system for government and industry, yet I do not get a feel on what the group would like to hear.  I even thought Computer Science for 7 years.

The e-mail surveys of what should be brought are are too late and vary often the agreed opine target doesn't get to the meeting!  We need a plain or organizational meeting, is my take.

One other note, any day and time is bad for someone.

"David J. Andruczyk" <djandruczyk at yahoo.com> wrote:

I'd be happy to come to meetings but unfortunately I work saturdays
from 9:30 to 3:30 ish and your meeting time was smack dab in the middle
of it.. Sundays or weeknites are more suitable to me, though they might
conflict with sports afficionados schedules.

I think most people don't come because there is a lack of focus at the
meetings, or they can't make the time for it. many folks got family's
and weekends are just plain booked up for them, I just get stuck
working on saturdays.  Perhaps people could offer up what they know and
make an informal talk or Q&A session for interested parties.

I'm fairly learned in all things linux, with some programming
experience and astrerisk PBX experience, but I know nothing of perl and
or WWW stuff (Aside from how to build and install apache and such)
 I'm sure there are those on here that have little pockets of knowledge
that they might feel like sharing.  Hell, even and "I want to know how
to do XXXXX" sort of Q&A session might start something interesting.

--- Richard Hubbard  wrote:

> Next saturday, july 15, is the third saturday of the month.  I am
> willing to hold a meeting at ITT, should anyone be interested.
>
> OTOH, in the last two months, not including myself, we have averaged
> 1
> person per month.
>
> Now I have an idea how Bob felt.
>
> If you are interested in coming to a meeting this saturday, post a
> reply.
>
> Yes i understand that some people can't make it on saturday. The
> building is already being used each night until 11:00 pm, and I don't
>
> think we can get too many takers to have a meeting at midnight.
>
> I'm already working on saturday, and it is much easier for me to stay
>
> after work and have the meeting rather than come in on sunday.
>
> TOPIC
> I was thinking about a possible cd exchange of various distro's.
> Someone posted that they have a Fedora 5 distro.  If we can get
> enough
> people to bring in a few distros, we might be able to do some
> burning.
> Other ideas are welcome

Dave J. Andruczyk