[nflug] Local YUM Install...

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Thu Jul 6 13:51:12 EDT 2006

All,

I am trying to configure my DWL-650+ wireless card on FC5. The problem
is that there are no other network cards on my laptop, so I need to copy
RPMs onto a cd, and get them on the laptop that way. I am trying to
install Madwifi, and I am having trouble installing the RPMs manually,
and I wanted to try doing a YUM install. As mentioned before, I have no
internet connectivity, so I'd like to copy all of the files (that YUM
would grab) onto a CD, and have YUM (on my laptop) look to the CD as a
source for the RPMs and install madwifi that way.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to do this?! Thanks.

-Dan