[nflug] windows media player files

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 23:56:24 EST 2006

Is there a way of playing windows media files in firefox 1.5 in Linux? I really like to be able to play them on cnn watch. I downloaded totem plugin its supposed to play them but when I open the link to watch on cnn it says no windows media player detected. Its not really fair that cnn is not giving you any choice to use a codec format that plays in all media players. You can watch their progams on any type of tv dosent require certain model! Also I have been a big fan of Fedora 4 but I have using Fed and Ubuntu side by side  debating whether to make the switch to Ubuntu and I probably will. Ubuntu really has it down as far as apps and stablity updates work great and they have great forums for help.  I t seems stuff that Ubuntu has Fedora should have for being the bleeding edge. Ubuntu really has it nailed down for a desktop deployment.