[nflug] debian unstable package

Mark T. Valites mark-nflug at valites.net
Fri Jan 20 14:09:49 EST 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Eric Benoit wrote:

> I'm running debian sarge for my desktop and wanted to configure synaptic
> to get wine from sourceforge ..worked great until wine requested that
> the libxxf86dga1 be installed, so I did a search and found that it is in
> the unstable version of debian, so I configured synaptic to get the
> unstable repository, and now I am ready to install it ...when it was
> ready to install it said the base-config would be removed and libc6,
> libc6-dev, and locales would be upgraded.  My instincts are telling me
> that I would be a complete fool to do this, am I correct?

I'd be a little leary, but you may be able to grab the source for
libxxf86dga1 through apt, and compile it against the current dependecies
you already have installed:

$ apt-get build-dep libxxf86dga1
$ apt-get source libxxf86dga1
$ cd xorg-x11-6.8.2.dfsg.1/
$ dpkg-buildpackage
$ cd ../ && sudo dpkg -i <name_of_deb>.deb

Of course the standard YMMV applies.