[nflug] xmms re-read directory

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Mon Feb 27 17:05:26 EST 2006

Thus spake Cyber Source on Mon, 27 Feb 2006

> joshj at linuxmail.org wrote:
>>  I'm sure there is a simple way to do this but I'm missing it: How can I
>>  get xmms to re-read a directories contents? I have been using MOC Player
>>  for a while now. It would read a directory of mp3's and ogg's on
>>  startup. And if I added any other songs to the directory then a simple "r"
>>  would re-scan
>>  the directory. In xmms I do "add directory" to add all my mp3's. But
>>  even if I completely quit xmms and start it again, it will not re-read
>>  the directory. It will only contain the 'playlist' from the last time I
>>  did 'add directory'. And if I do 'add directory' again then it addes the
>>  *entire* contents on top of what was already there. Hence, lots of
>>  duplicate entries. Is there away to obtain the above-mentioned behaviour
>>  from xmms?
>>
>>  -Josh J
>>
> Drag n Drop works just fine too.

That's a negative. fluxbox and all that. I don't really want to have
to think about it :)  I just want to put any mp3s/oggs into this one directory
and have xmms play them. I don't want a playlist. Correction: I want the
'playlist' to be whatever is in the directory.