[nflug] xmms re-read directory

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Mon Feb 27 14:13:54 EST 2006

I'm sure there is a simple way to do this but I'm missing it: How can I
get xmms to re-read a directories contents? I have been using MOC Player
for a while now. It would read a directory of mp3's and ogg's on
startup. And if I added any other songs to the directory then a simple "r" would re-scan
the directory. In xmms I do "add directory" to add all my mp3's. But
even if I completely quit xmms and start it again, it will not re-read
the directory. It will only contain the 'playlist' from the last time I
did 'add directory'. And if I do 'add directory' again then it addes the
*entire* contents on top of what was already there. Hence, lots of
duplicate entries. Is there away to obtain the above-mentioned behaviour
from xmms?

-Josh J