[nflug] PSU question

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Feb 26 12:56:34 EST 2006

Joshua Ronne Altemoos wrote:
> hey,
>
> Thanks. I was wondering because I would not want to stat it up after
> waiting for the parts then it going kaput on me. That would not make my
> day hehe. Do you suggest upgradeing the PSU if i want to add or replace
> the cd/dvd with a dvdburner?
>
> Josh
>

>> Joshua Ronne Altemoos wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> On my current comptuer I will have after one more part comes in
>>>
>>> 2 Harddrives (40 and 20)
>>> A DVD/CDrom drive
>>> A 4x AGP card 64MB with TV tuner
>>>
>>> AMD Athlon 1.3 with 256MB of ram
>>>
>>> I currently have a 300W PSU. Is this enougth for it?
>>>
>>> Josh

>> That should be fine.

If you start adding things you might want to consider it but it should
still be ok. I've seen some POS compaq's, hp's, emachines built with 2
cd's and the normal stuff, all with like 180watt power supply's and they
dog, so power does make a difference but the 300watt should be fine even
for 2 hdd's and 2 cd's, although I wouldn't suggest doing the 2 cd's,
just always been more trouble then the advantage is worth.