[nflug] Boot Error

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Wed Feb 22 10:46:53 EST 2006

Thus spake Tommy Rogers on Wed, 22 Feb 2006

> Hello,
>
> My hard drives got all messes up and I needed to install all my operating
> systems.  When trying to install Xandros (debian) Linux it all seems to
> install just fine, but I get the following error message when it tries to
> boot:
>
> Software Suspend 2.1.8.2: Missing or invalid storage location (resume2=
> parameter), please correct and rerun lilo (or equivalent) before Suspending.

software-suspend2 enabled kernel.

usually it only looks for a suspended image if it was shutdown via
'hibernate'. Change the kernel parameter. For grub it is in
/boot/grub/grub.conf. For lilo I'm not really sure. It will say
something like:

kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda3 hda=stroke resume2=swap:/dev/hda2

(mine does anyway). Change it to to:

kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda3 hda=stroke noresume2